Sunday, March 25, 2007

My Friend Tubbs

This is a photo of my good friend Tubbs. He is a purebred Border Collie. Tubbs came to live with us last June. He is what my mom calls a "rescue" dog. He couldn't keep living in his first home, we don't know for sure why, but he couldn't. One thing for sure, he wasn't starving! Tubbs weighed 55 pounds! That is huge for a Border Collie as small as he is. Anyway, my people were supposed to rehabilitate him, and find him a new home. He found a home all right, ours. Not only that, he herds the sheep better than I do. Anyway, he is a lot of fun to have around. He likes to play with me, rough, which is what I like best.
You know what? Tubbs isn't fat anymore. Now he weighs just 32 pounds. He really doesn't look like the photo now. He isn't fluffy, and he never is lying around on the deck, like he was in the picture. He is never in one spot long enough to lie down, as he is always on the go.

It is just amazing how good food and exercise can make a dog healthy!

1 comment:

Ms. Roo said...

Hiya Zip!
My Sister Luna says Huba Huba .. maybe she & Tubbs can get together and herd some?
As a matter of fact she stares at his picture and drools!
Its GROSS!
Luna likes to play with me too .. she also likes to tell me just HOW things are going to work ..she is a bit bossy!
She herds the sheep better then me too .. we are so much alike Zip!
Give your Momma a sloppy ear kiss from me & tell her my momma misses her.
Love Roo