Monday, February 19, 2007

Agility in Michigan

Racer and I had a blast doing agility this last weekend. We were in Dexter, Michigan trialing with many of our friends. Mike was there with Misty and Bailey. Bailey did very well and brought home many ribbons. Misty did well, too, but this was Bailey's weekend. Our friend Jeremy got a MACH 2 title for our buddy Dodger AND a MACH 4 title for little Spyder. What a great weekend for them! Kathy was there with Dory and Houston (who kinda looks like me), Boogie and Kimmie were there, and so many more of our friends. What a party!
Racer had a fun time. No Qs, but for the first time at a trial in a long time, he didn't sniff, and managed to complete all the courses he ran. He says agility is fun now, especially the jumpers courses.
Anyway, I ran Excellent Jumpers both days. My mom is broken, so Beth ran with me. I love Beth, but I would rather run with my mom. You know, we start out pretty well, but then I start wishing mom was out there with me, so I look for her. Maybe I can persuade her to join us for the fun. Then, before I even know where mom is, Beth is taking my collar and excusing us before our run is over. I think, "Wait! Mom's not here yet!" Too late, we have to leave the ring. I did try to stay with Beth a couple of times, and our last Standard run was pretty good, but mom left the building before we ran. I didn't see her come back, so I figured I'd better just stay with Beth. We didn't Q, but it wasn't terrible either. I did get one qualifying score in a new game called FAST! That was big fun for me. I got to run, and forgot all about my mom for a minute. I got a green Q ribbon and a new toy! Beth gave me big kisses and told me I was the best cattle dog there (I was the only cattle dog there).

1 comment:

Ms. Roo said...

Yoo Hoo Zip!!
I am so proud of you!!
You did such a good job!
You have to remember to run for Beth and to do a good job~ I tell all the little silly dogs in class all about you and how talented you are!! I like to brag about my man : )
Love you Ms. Roo